Raiffeisen uses the AWS Cloud for central management of translation processes via the Raiffeisen Translation web portal, which was implemented through close cooperation between Raiffeisen, Axians Amanox and AWS Professional Services.
- Use of machine translation in a secure environment
- Systematic use of machine translation for texts/information which require general understanding
- Execution of translation processes via central portal
- Easy user access to the various translation services offered by Raiffeisen
- Establishing a central cloud platform for management and execution of various translation services
- Providing a robust platform (web portal) for simple, standardised use of the vaious translation services by the user
- Incorporating machine translation of texts and documents using a self-developed Office add-in and web mask
Tools & Technologies
- AWS Security, Identity & Compliance services: AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), Amazon Cognito, AWS Certificate Manager, AWS Secrets Manager, AWS WAF
- AWS Networking & Content Delivery services: Amazon CloudFront
- AWS Serverless Services: AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EventBridge, Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), AWS Step Functions
- AWS Machine Learning Services: Amazon Translate
- AWS Analytics Services: AWS Glue
- AWS Management & Governance Services: Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail
- AWS Developer Tools: AWS CodePipeline
Applications or solutions from third-party providers: DeepL Translator, 24translate, Terraform
Results & Benefits
- Targeted, consistent use of machine translation
- Optimised, consistent translation processes
- High amount of flexibility in the use/incorporation of various services
- Reduced translation costs
Raiffeisen is Switzerland’s third-largest bank group and a market leader in retail. The Raiffeisen group has 834 locations in Switzerland. The group also includes the 226 Raiffeisen banks run as cooperatives. Raiffeisen Schweiz manages and coordinates the group’s activities, provides the framework for the business activities of its local bank branches, and provides them with support and consultation in all of their activities. Raiffeisen’s unique strength lies in its local roots and cooperative mentality.
Since 2014, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been central to the strategy and vision of Axians Amanox AG. As one of the very first AWS Advanced Consulting and Training partners, we guide Swiss customers towards the cloud. Cloud-native technologies are in our DNA.