Powerful communication networks, supported by optical structures
Powerful IT infrastructure for the future
Broadband networks are the central nervous systems of our cities and municipalities. We provide municipalities, public utility companies, energy suppliers and network operators with advice on all issues relating to the design of IT and telecommunication solutions. We work together with them to develop concepts to ensure that you can make the best possible use of broadband expansion for yourselves and the companies and households in your region. Our security experts will of course be on hand to provide you with help in this area and will also ensure that every solution reliably meets the latest security standards and is protected against online attacks. These efforts will ensure that your customers place their trust in you!
Axians also operates as a general contractor and project partner – regardless of the location. We work independently of manufacturers and with our branches throughout Switzerland, which have a flat hierarchical structure and short decision-making processes. You won’t be handing over the control of your broadband business, but rather benefiting from the opportunities that arise for you and the companies and households in your region – with our experts at your side.
Optical networks for growing bandwidths
Carriers and service providers are needing ever-increasing bandwidths for their day-to-day business in order to ensure that they can transport the exponentially growing data volumes quickly and reliably. Optical networks based on the latest xWDM technologies have long been the standard for this, as they offer the capacities required for the most efficient use of the fibre-optic infrastructure. An increasing number of smart solutions are being developed that allow for rapid and secure data transfer and will be even more competitive in the future.
- Access, metro and long-haul networks
- Data centre interconnect
- L1 encryption
- Packet optical transport
Our aspiration: scalable, intelligent networks that grow in sync with dynamic business requirements.
Axians Packet Optical Transport – Intelligent fibre-optic networks of the future
Axians is building highly complex optical networks throughout Switzerland. We can already offer you solutions with transfer rates of 200 Gbps per channel, with up to 128 channels available in a single fibre.
We have in-depth knowledge of the technologies and supply flexible and intelligent networks that respond optimally to dynamic requirements thanks to the integration of ROADMs, packet optical transport technologies, SDN and NFV on a transport level.
Core and metro area networks
Regardless of whether you cater to private or business customers with your services, our experts have the right solution and the optimal network design at the ready to meet your requirements.
We realise highly available access, metro and backbone networks for regional, national and international carriers. Within this work, we attach great importance to easy-to-operate infrastructures with a high level of automation. In our laboratory, we carry out proofs of concept, interoperability and comparative tests, as well as software and system tests, and thus ensure that your production network is of the highest quality and offers maximum availability. Our modular, hands-on training workshops help your employees to quickly get to grips with new technologies.
We incorporate our fundamental expertise into market-driven solutions to your benefit. Longstanding experience working on complex projects, continuous further training, an excellently equipped laboratory and partnerships with the top manufacturers in the industry are all assets with which we support the entire plan-build-run processes of our customers.
- Scalable and highly available metro & core networks based on MPLS technologies
- Carrier Ethernet 2.0 with “point and click” management solutions
- High-performance BNG solutions (subscriber management)
- SDN for data centres and WAN solutions
- MSP solutions based on NFV, vCPE, CloudCPE, and SD-WAN
- Mobile backhaul (and fronthaul) networks
- Network management and automation solutions
- IPv6 integration and transition solutions (DS, DS-Lite, 6PE, 6VPE)
- PoCs, type approvals, and SW and HW testing
- Hands-on training workshops
Security for your network and your end customers
Online attacks are carried out around the clock and can bring your network to its knees. Denial of Service attacks have taken on a previously unheard of dimension. To ensure that you can protect your systems against such attacks, we offer special solutions tailored to your individual business models. We provide intelligent, modular and high-performance solutions that take effect where needed to protect your applications. Even carrier networks with high bandwidths are using our solutions to protect against capacity overload. Our security experts ensure that your networks remain secure at all times.
We combine the latest technologies, such as encryption at each level, with organisational security measures for the benefit of your network.
Security by design
The infrastructures we develop include security solutions and services in all network areas, be it for the rollout of a new technology, for software-defined networks with virtualisation or in cloud computing.
- Security for your network and your end customers
- Remote access solutions
- L2 MacSec and L3 IPSec encryption
- Advanced threat protection
- Intrusion detection & prevention systems
- DDoS protection
- Security analyses and consulting
- Advice & conceptual designComprehensive concepts for increased transparency and better decisions
- FTTH planning & DesignVisual transparency helps to ensure reliable planning
- Network planning & project designA high-quality portfolio to meet every requirement
- Network documentationComplete documentation with many additional services
Sound decisions for better results
Axians is one of the leading service providers for cable and mobile networks in Switzerland. We provide solutions for optimising, modernising and migrating your HFC network to an FTTx network. We utilise our many years of experience to prepare extensive information on which to base your decisions, thus making it easier for you to choose the correct strategy.
Our concepts provide you with full transparency so that you can make more-informed decisions.
- Optimal investment protection
- The best design for FTTH networks
- Tailored fibre and material concept
- Realisation of a high-performance telecommunications network
- Intelligent network construction, expansion and migration
Visual transparency helps to ensure reliable planning
Geo-based data evaluations and visualisations are our speciality. Using our ultra-modern and flexible GIS tools, we network your data and project it on the map or the online portal.
- FTTS/H network planning for construction and cable
- Automated pictorial schematic
- Automated calculation of the number of residential units in an area
- Materials lists
- Visualisation of the construction progress
- Visual orientation as regards the telecommunications networks and zoning for the sales network and service areas
The documentation of fibre management can be caried out in a third-party system – depending on requirements
Comprehensive services from a single source
- General engineering services
- Engineering and project design
- Expertise and analyses
- Feasibility studies and information on which to base decisions
- Version clarification and network design
- Advice on the latest technologies
- Migration planning and implementation
- System and cabling concepts
- Identification of weaknesses and capacity bottlenecks
- Evaluation of dark fibre
- Planning FTTH networks and fibre-optic networks
- Project coaching
- Specifications and detailed cost calculations
- Evaluation of telecoms premises, antenna locations and alignment work
- Preparation of tender documents (specifications)
- Performance of submissions, review of offers and the creation of proposals for the award of the contract
- Drawing up of implementation plans
- Obtaining all types of approvals and authorisations
- Construction management, site management, deadline monitoring and quality assurance
Reliable and future-oriented
The reliable and secure documentation of networks provides a comprehensive overview, ensures that deadlines are met, allows for the correct decisions to be made and saves on costs, time and frayed nerves. Axians possesses a great deal of expertise and many years of experience in the planning and documentation of highly complex access networks for well-known companies, municipalities, cities and cable network operators.
The highest standards and extensive services
Axians often utilises well-established standards for planning and documentation. We provide you with support at every stage of your networks’ life cycles through the use of the highly efficient, intuitive and GIS-based solution AND (Advanced Network Design).
Our overall solution also includes the following:
- Integrated address management
- Location search
- Fibre management & route finder
- Automatic splice reports
- Localisation of disruptions in the fibre-optic network
- Material placement
- True-to-scale print outs
- Automatic creation of inventories from the database
- Resource lists
- Asset accounting
- Network information
- Maintenance and support
Tailored documentation model
Simply select the appropriate model from our matrix and benefit immediately from a leading overall solution and the support of our specialists.
What can we do for you?
Your questions will be answered directly by our broadband experts Helmuth Both and Roger Hollenstein.
Key partners at our side
AND Advanced Network Design
With its main product, advanced network design, AND Solution provides a highly efficient and intuitive GIS-based design and documentation solution for access networks of all kinds, including in-house networks. AND accompanies the entire life cycle of the network and offers all areas of business activity immediate added value thanks to significant savings in terms of time, money and invested effort. AND is the leading software solution for cable network operators in Europe and is enjoying an ever more prominent position in the global arena.
Cisco Premier Certified Partner
Cisco is our partner for data centre networking infrastructures and security. Our partnership is characterised by our high degree of specialist applications expertise, data centre know-how and in-depth understanding of architecture.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Silver Partner
With Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s solutions and products in conjunction with Axians services, we support our customers in accelerating their business operations, making it possible to turn ideas into added value.
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
Microsoft is our partner for software, services and technology. As a licensed solution provider and technology partner, we offer our customers the entire range of Microsoft products and services from one source.